Pompano Beach Apartment Fire: What We Know So Far
Two people were injured and six residents were displaced after an early-morning fire at a four-unit home in Pompano Beach, and investigators are still working to determine what sparked the blaze, according to officials and local news reports.
According to NBC Miami, the fire broke out around 4 a.m. near Northwest 5th Street and Northwest 4th Avenue, east of Interstate 95. Pompano Beach officials said 14 adults were inside the building's four units when the fire started, and one adult male suffered a laceration after jumping from a window, according to a city advisory.
A city spokesperson confirmed in a news release that six people were displaced. Reporting available so far does not identify a confirmed cause, and no suspect information has been released. No fatalities have been reported.
The fire is under investigation by fire marshals and Broward Sheriff’s Office investigators, according to the available reporting. No road closures or traffic impacts have been confirmed.
Dispatch records show prior incidents at this address on May 19, 2026, and May 16, 2026.
Officials have not said when a final report on the cause may be released, but the investigation remains active.
Day.News will continue to update this story as officials release more information.
Related Topics
Article Ratings
0 ratings submitted
How do you feel about this story?
Breaking News Desk
Sign in to follow this author from their profile.

Discussion (0)
Join the Conversation
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!