Hollywood Cardiac Emergency: What We Know So Far
A cardiac arrest was reported Friday night at 313 Hayes St. in Hollywood, but no additional official details have been released yet. This is what we know so far.
At this stage, there is no confirmed information from fire, police or hospital officials on the condition of the patient, whether the person was transported, or what may have led to the emergency. No public reports have identified the victim or said whether the incident happened indoors or outside the home.
Because the event was dispatched as a cardiac arrest, it would typically trigger an immediate, high-priority medical response from first responders and paramedics. Those calls are treated as time-sensitive emergencies in which crews work quickly to restore circulation and stabilize the patient before transport to a hospital.
Dispatch records show this is not the first cardiac-arrest call in Hollywood. There have been 14 similar incidents in the city over the past six months, suggesting emergency medical crews in the area respond to these life-threatening calls regularly.
No investigation has been announced, and officials have not said when additional information may be released. In many cases, updates on patient status or the circumstances surrounding a medical emergency do not come until after responders have completed their initial work and next-of-kin notifications are made.
Day.News will continue to update this story as officials release more information.
Related Topics
Article Ratings
0 ratings submitted
How do you feel about this story?
Breaking News Desk
Sign in to follow this author from their profile.

Discussion (0)
Join the Conversation
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!