Hollywood Apartment Fire: What We Know So Far
A fire at an apartment building in Hollywood left at least one resident displaced early Wednesday, and investigators are still working to determine the official cause, according to NBC Miami and CBS News Miami.
Here’s what we know so far: Hollywood Fire Rescue said crews responded to reports of a fire in the 2700 block of Johnson Street. Hollywood Fire spokesperson Chai Kauffman said firefighters first saw flames coming out of an air-conditioning unit, though the State Fire Marshal is still investigating the cause, according to CBS News Miami. NBC Miami reported that authorities said an AC unit sparked the fire, but that has not yet been confirmed as the final finding.
No confirmed fatalities or injuries have been reported in the available coverage. One occupant was displaced and said to be homeless after the fire, and Hollywood Fire connected that resident with the Red Cross, according to the reports.
The response came in the early morning hours, with one report saying the fire started around 5:48 a.m. and another saying crews were on scene around 6 a.m. Officials have not confirmed any road closures.
Dispatch records show two prior structure fires at this address on May 10, 2026.
The State Fire Marshal’s investigation remains underway, and officials have not announced a final cause or reported any arrest or criminal arson allegation.
Day.News will continue to update this story as officials release more information.
Related Topics
Article Ratings
0 ratings submitted
How do you feel about this story?
Breaking News Desk
Sign in to follow this author from their profile.

Discussion (0)
Join the Conversation
No comments yet. Be the first to comment!